Choosing the right ERP Consultant is critical to the success of your business. Not many organizations will take on the challenge to select and implement the right ERP system.
Getting it right can set up your business for years to come while getting it wrong can potentially lead it to its end.
An ERP Consultant is an essential part of your team, helping you identify and guide your business processes and help you discover which options will work best for your team and your unique business needs.
What is an ERP software ?
First off, what does ERP stand for? Well, ERP stands for enterprise resource planning. It is the consolidated process of gathering and organizing business data through an integrated software suite.
ERP software contains applications that automate business functions like production, sales quoting, accounting, and more. In other words, think about all the processes essential to running a business, including inventory and order management, accounting, human resources and beyond.
At its most basic level, an ERP software integrates these various functions into one complete system to streamline processes and information across your company.
Why is an ERP Consultant important for your business?
Several factors make an ERP Consultant important for your business, especially when you are looking to improve your organization to the next level. They are experts who will help you provide specific and adequate solutions to your business needs.
When considering an ERP Consultant, their knowledge of processes and systems isn’t the only thing needed. You also have to consider that this is someone who will be working closely with you and your team, so their personality and working styles should align. They should also be able to match their objectives to those of your organization to identify and implement the right ERP solutions. An ERP Consultant can save you time and money, and here is how:
- They will save you time because their role is mainly to simplify business processes. Once a solution is approved, they will help to ensure a smooth transition from how you do business now to your new and streamlined processes. A digital transformation, you could say!
Undoubtedly increasing the productivity and ease of work for your team, thus saving a considerable amount of time and creating space to dedicate it towards other activities.
- They have a vast knowledge of the different software available and an overall comprehensive vision of the market. They can advise and guide you while making sure that you dominate and capitalize on sectors and fields.
- Based on your needs, they will personalize and customize the solution. ERP consultants work on a case by case basis; therefore, they will ensure that the business and ERP software can work together in harmony.
It is this tailor-made approach that sets your company up for success in the coming years.
Trusting the consultant in their ability, expertise, and experience is vital for the success of your ERP software selection and implementation.
What are the criteria for choosing the right ERP Consultant?
Once you have selected an ERP Consultant, here some points you can use to evaluate them and determine whether they are suitable for your needs:
- Look for consultants with experience specific to your industry and your company size. Again, this is helpful if your organization is subject to regulatory compliance.
- ERP consultancy is complex, it is imperative to choose a consultant who has an excellent understanding of the project. They need to be very good at listening to your needs and deciphering how they should be handled in the solution and in the system. They need to understand your requests, properly calibrate your ambitions, and your budgets.
- An erp consultant should consider your needs and the limitations of the software to create the best fitting solution. You can often determine if a consultant is a good listener by evaluating the requirements they have gathered and the steps they will take to elevate your company operations to the next level.
- Communication and responsiveness are also one of the most important factors in the ERP implementation process. If your processes include various constraints and unforeseen flows, experienced ERP consultants will fundamentally make it easier for your company and the ERP software to work in harmony. You will also want a consultant who is preferably both reactive and proactive at the right moments. It is vital to find an ERP consultant capable of adapting to an educational approach that is also useful for the teams in place to help them tackle the ERP software.
- Once the software and the solution have been implemented, it is important for the ERP consultant to educate the company members on how to utilize the software in its most effective way. Without this critical skill, your team members can be left not knowing how to use the software and, consequently, make your organization lose time and money.
- An ERP Consultant should have in-depth and wide-ranging product knowledge and present several options to you for consideration. The consultant needs to clearly understand your business requirements. You have to ensure that your ERP consultant can customize your new system to your company’s requirements and specific processes.Bonus: Consider looking for consultants who are in the same proximity as you or have worked with other satisfied customers in the area. A consultant located close to you can have more advantages than one that is not in the same region or country due to their local knowledge of regulatory compliance that may affect your organization. For example, a company based in France will have different accepted accounting principles than a company based in Australia. Read more about Best Practices for Working with International Customers.
If your business is attempting to accommodate the ERP (enterprise resource planning) instead of the other way around, you probably won’t be able to make most of its capabilities. It is important to ask the consultant to consider a wide range of software.
In short, the points mentioned above are some of the most important things you need to consider when choosing an ERP Consultant. These will help you choose the right ERP consultant for your business needs. The right consultant can propel your company forward in terms of growth and ensure its success.
Why choose Big Bang consultants?
ERP consulting is what we do. Big Bang is, first and foremost, your trusted business advisors propelling your growth. Our deliverables create tangible value. We make it our responsibility to uncover your organizations’ needs and help you make a purchase decision and roadmap – not just delivering a fancy presentation that promises results but doesn’t. Our goal is to create value for your organization and stakeholders by doing the work, where most just talk about it.
Our enterprise resource planning consultants are Industry-Focused with Business and Technical expertise. We have a Global Presence equipped to support you in your International Expansion – wherever you are in the world.
In short, we are an ERP consulting firm that helps businesses optimize and streamline their processes by implementing cloud solutions. We help you identify the best ERP solution that could fit your needs. Our team of highly- skilled experts work hand-in-hand with organizations to achieve exceptional business improvements so that companies can focus on what they do best rather than on non-value-added activities.
Curious how your organization stacks up?
Big Bang consultants developed free assessments to allow you to see the areas of improvement for your organization in a simple chart. It’s a great way to improve your strategy and your business process. Plan a session or to uncover where to start with critical improvements. Take a free assessment
Our consultants can help you find the right ERP solution? Contact us!